Sunday, May 30, 2010

Elliptical Machine Sore Knees

76. Wieder kam mich die Reiselust an

.
F ÜR the raffle on New Year's Eve 1888 I had a big box with 27 smaller, then a puppet of King Ludwig's album and the magnificent steel engraving "Christ and his disciples contributed in the storm at sea. " In addition I have 3 smaller recited poems.

On 21 September 1888 I sent to Carol Hauzendorfer, trade in women Greifenburg in Upper Carinthia, a big with 27 smaller boxes. After I sure did not reply, I wish this cousin at Easter 1889 pleasant holidays, which she sent me 2 pints of home-grown blackberry brandy and 3 pairs of Carinthia salami and also announced that they write for a long illness at me, preventing was.

For many years Aflenz was not such a beautiful May as 1889th Es war abwechselnd warm, dann Regen und warm und wieder Regen und warm. Wiesen und Felder und die Obstbäume zeigten sich herrlich, dass es eine Freude war. Auf dem erwähnten Zickzackweg wurden Kastanienbäume gesetzt, welche sich aber auf dem schlechten Boden nicht üppig zeigten.

     Im heurigen Fasching wurde in Aflenz ein Ball unter dem Namen «Narrenabend» veranstaltet. Jeder hierzu Geladene konnte in beliebiger Kleidung erscheinen. Und so kamen die meisten in wirklich hübschen Kostümen: Der Herr Bezirksrichter als Beduinenhäuptling, dessen Tochter Hulda als Tirolerin, die Medizindoktorsgattin als Amazonenhäuptling, er selbst als altdeutscher Magister und meine Wenigkeit als Landstreicher. Ich bin nicht imstande, all die hundert Masken zu beschreiben.

     (185)  Diese grossartige Unterhaltung wurde im Hotel Gasthaus und Fleischerei Marie Wieser bei netter Musik abgehalten. Die feschen und unermüdlichen Tänzer und lieblichen Tänzerinnen hielten an bis es Tag war.

     Am Aschermittwoch darauf war der so genannte Häringsschmaus. An diesem Abend hielt der Gesangsverein von Thörl und Aflenz eine sehr gelungene Liedertafel ab. An beiden Festen war die Unterhaltung und die Stimmung grossartig.

     Now I arrived around Pentecost, three times as before, again the pleasure of the ride from Salzburg to Vienna, departing train. This train was usually about eight days in advance of Graz in the newspapers, as well as the obvious posters in post offices announced, but not this time. In order to gain certainty, I requested a double correspondence card on 4 June, the Lord's station chief in Kapfenberg for immediate notification of whether the next Saturday before Pentecost 8th Evening of June probably lacks a Vergnügungszug or not, because I was after two epistolary request of my granddaughter Hayek announce whether I will come to the Whitsun holidays to Vienna. But after I to 7 Noon of June Kapfenberg No answer was given, I wrote to Ella that my departure is uncertain.

On 7 Evening of June at 8 clock, I received by the local carter the response of the station chief, to a poster for the postmaster in Aflenz, so I learned then that the Vergnügungszug runs as desired. Since the evening of Aflenz to Kapfenberg lacked any driving opportunity, I now had about 3 1 / 4 clock with the fast trucks for 1 florin 28 Crusaders, with whom I got there at 6 clock in the evening. But six hours waiting for the clock at 12 at night, arriving train is really annoying.

This time only drove a train, but this one was crowded. Arrival in Vienna was early at 6 clock. Mr. Hayek wanted to take me there in reception, but we had overlooked in the crowd at the South Station both completely. So I went walking in the Maria Hilfer-Strasse No. 41 to Hayek.

My daughter Marie, widow Schidan, which had been in the custody of the children of Ella is on the agreement of the 28th Ella March 1889 to a wealthy family in Vienna and carry occurred as a nanny. She wrote that she would go very well that they have delicious food, no effort and 15 guilders per month get reward. Their rule has on the market in Nice at Melk Huebel the Danube own estate, known locally as "tavern" called a spacious one-floor-tall house in a beautiful garden on a gentle rise high mountains with magnificent views over the Danube to Melk.


(186) I had the daughter of Marie and her gracious woman who was with her husband and boys just a year on their estate in the summer, the invitation to get, should I come to Vienna to make the trip to beautiful Huebel. I then took on 16 June at the West Station 8 days valid for special seasons a tour card returns to Melk for 2 guilders 80 cruisers. Departure was early at 6 clock, arriving in St. Pölten at 8:46, departure and finally arriving in Melk at 10:08 clock.

As I wait, but on the departure of the post after Hübel Beautiful clock to 12:50, did not like, I made my way there on foot where I clock at about 12 noon in the hottest part arrived and was received by the government-friendly. I had my own room, and the gracious reign visited me twice and asked me how I feel.

On 16 June, Sunday afternoon I was with Marie a Travel by steamboat downstream to the next place Aggsbach, per person for 25 cruisers. Meanwhile, the child of the rule, a one-year-hearted, friendly boy the girls room had remained in custody.

is very pleasant and the view over the Danube to Melk. Many fin with boards loaded drove to Vienna. From Aggsbach back we made a way for an hour on foot, while halfway surprised us a capable rain.

Monday after dinner I took leave of all with many thanks, mounted at the church located below the Wharf the steamer and went to Melk, and around 3:20 by train to Vienna, where I arrived around 7 clock.

There I strode with my feet alterssschwachen - 81 years old - hold slowly around a lot. Sometimes I used the Horse Railway , was twice a magnificent Prater, then at Schonbrunn. From there I made my way back on foot, drank in five-home good and cheap wine, 1 / 8 for 4 cruisers Austrian currency and, in so-called trigger Prater beer, 1 / 2 liter of 7 cruisers.


From Mr. Knap, Hayek's brother in law, I received a card at a reduced price for 20 cruisers to visit the famous panoramas in the Prater. My eyes are so weak and short-sighted that I could exclude from the great battle scenes and not feel sorry for the 20 cruisers was.


On 20 June was I with Mr Hayes in the Carinthian road on the Corpus Christi procession. Advance was a large amount of pin boys, then the clergy in all parishes with countless flags, all the imperial offices, court offices and all batches, magnates and gentlemen in rich, gold despite uniforms, German and Hungarian bodyguards, and then the Cathedral Parish came with the musicians and singers and the Most Reverend under heaven, (187) and immediately behind it, His Majesty, the Emperor, all the authorities etc. To the sky and the Emperor the Imperial Palace Guard and the conclusion was formed a Abteiung of mounted hussars, several infantry battalions were everywhere trellis.



It seemed to me strange that the sky or the emperor is not otherwise a person of so many thousands of devout ACTING praying. It seemed to me that the whole thing was just a spectacle.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment