Thursday, October 28, 2010

How To Get Rid Of Black Splotches On Screen

85. Ach, wie viele Leiden ...

.
N oh the snow from November 1891 to mid-December the weather warm and pleasant. Many people feared that it would not be winter because of ice formation was not a trace, and these abnormal weather conditions were probably responsible for the fact that the rampant in many countries Influenza illness in Styria occurred violently. Where else to read in Graz per day 8-12 in the newspaper were dead, came just before Christmas 1891 from 20-27 deaths. This disease mostly very old people gathered there, and spared neither rank nor dignities.

On 28 December, I went in the afternoon, because the cold was excessive and was no wind, "in the Leuthnersche Inn At the Green Anger." There I drank wine eighth. But when going home shook me a huge cold. I trembled violently, and went to bed, and I immediately felt a very painful stinging and tearing through the whole body.

Fortunately, I had against the temporary cramp in your legs Gläger brandy stock. With this I rubbed the whole body, as far as long as I could. After 3 days, all stinging and tearing was over. Now I was very pleased with the idea that this evil illness was over.

New Year's Eve dinner at half past nine was the friendly woman of my son's room and called the open door: "Happy New Year," to which I received from her a glass of warm lemonade!. When I had drunk it, began a violent cough, der mir eine schlaflose Nacht bescherte. Die Frau Bezirksrichter sagte anderen Tages, dass der Husten ein Teil der Influenza wäre. Sie wissen es von ihrem ersten Bruder, Notar in Millstadt in Kärnten, welcher auch an dieser so peinlichen Krankheit gelitten habe.

     Am Neujahrstag blieb ich noch im Bett und hoffte, der Husten werde wohl von selbst aufhören. Da er aber immer ärger wurde und ich bei Appetitlosigkeit ermattete, ließ mein guter Herr Sohn am 7. Jänner den Herrn Dr. Pölz kommen, der mir 9 Pulver verschrieb und Tee verordnete. Ich musste wieder zu Bett gehen, dabei hatte ich großen Durst und durfte nichts trinken. Nach Bier und Wein hatte ich kein Verlangen, but for fresh water. All doctors advised as a drink to take tea with the customary among wealthy cognac, but I could do without this expensive species.

(204) On 20 January I felt completely free from the annoying cough. The fear of pneumonia was over and I regained appetite, and for the first drinking water.

During the severe coughing I had to take another 10 powder. Dr. Pölz was treated here in places even 200 patients. When I told him on 2 February 5 guilders paid the bill with saw he very attacked because he had to fight against this terrible disease and to fight back. How to read in the newspapers was, are at this very malignant illness, many people - including cardinals died, empires, generals and princes - high over the years.

I had already mentioned that I had to promise Mrs. Anna Resler, to attend her funeral. Coincidentally, I read there on 16 October 1891 in Graz Tagblatt the about death notices on 13 October shall death of Anna Resler. She died of old age, 78 years old. If I had over here of Graz get a message I would certainly be happy there.

The aftermath of the influenza survived stayed with me is not enough. Hearing and seeing is with me since early March 1892 much weaker. If two people speak two steps away from me, together, I do not understand a word. Newspaper reading is already an effort for me especially as there is no eye-glass. It seems sad and painful to go through all Unannehlichkeiten in old age.

Oh, how much suffering could have ended up coming over me I would have!

As I worked in Graz and Aflenz with envelope-production, I wanted to try this business in Knittelfeld, partly to kill the boredom, and partly to snuff now and then earn for a sip of wine or something. Around Christmas 1891 I had sold in 1400 envelopes. At the three public holidays, I made a lot of envelopes, hoping to exploit this new year. However, as mentioned, the influenza to spice up the bill. I made and sold later by 1 April 1892 2840 envelopes. Once in Knittelfeld the useful paper on this to not always have been, I had to come twice already this can be of Graz.

It pains me still that I my poor, 11 December 1882 died, I could not take the unforgettable wife suspicion and doubt about my unfailing faithfulness in marriage.


(205) Mr Kneschaureck master bookbinder, book and Haberdashery Dealers also a homeowner in the main square in Knittelfeld, asked me what I at he purchased papers need. I replied that I too much for Mr. District Judge categorize have. It was certainly untrue, and I did not tell him so, that I do envelopes. To 13 May I put it in all over 6375 envelopes and had learned that Mr. Kneschaurek because of my job for me was very angry.

For a change, I went on 14 May, after repeated invitations to Leoben to Mr. and Mrs. Wawrinek and stayed only three days there, because the envelope preparation for the Pfingswoche drove me home. I had then to Saturday, 4th June prior to Pentecost envelopes sold again in 1660.

On 14 May I Madam Wawrinek 150 envelopes for business cards and 160 for letters. On 18 May I congratulate Mr Wawrinek to his name. On Ascension Day, 26 May, I went to Judenburg to Mr. Frank Egyd, innkeeper "For beautiful views. I wanted to ask because of the daughters of George Dunkel, brother of my mother, but could learn nothing. From speculation, I took AM15. May, the number of envelopes with which I sold at Frank's guests, and in three vaults at once. Over again so many I could fit, if I had had with me.

As our kinsman, Mr. John Maister of Pentecost last year was in Leoben, there was the marriage of his second daughter with a leather merchant Lois Someregger agreed, noting that Mr Maister my frailty, he said to me. We are "hard to see us again," But when he

at Pentecost 1892 visits from his daughters again got there, it took but the longing to see me again. And so he came on 10 June with Mr Wawrinek here, which pleased me immensely. I had just finished off a letter to him, which I gave him along with two landscapes: 'City and Castle Legovia in Spain', 'town Janina in Greece' as a souvenir handed to me.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment